Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: January 9, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITIONAssists the General Manager in restaurant
operations and in achieving planned sales and profit levels for the
restaurant through the implementation, management, and enforcement
of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance
standards. Provides direction for restaurant staff to ensure
maximum guest satisfaction, execution of all employee duties to
guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work
environment.POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Assists the General Manager in planning and analyzing
administration and operations manpower.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and
presented properly in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner, according
to all established procedures, performance standards, and local
health department regulations.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold
handling to reduce the Incidence of risk factors known to cause
food borne illness.
- Must be able to perform/assist all functions for all positions
in the restaurant if needed.
- Ensures the unit's compliance to productivity and service
standards with a sufficient number of well-trained and productive
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through
preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security
measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures that inventory levels for both food and non-food items
are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines
through correct ordering procedures and efficient usage and yield
- Conducts employment activities to include interviewing,
training, and conducting performance reviews with all dining room
personnel, as well as, recommending salary increases and preparing
- Attendance of University of Perkins is required; as well as;
achieving and maintaining ServSafe certification.
- Ensures accurate financial data to include: payroll, cash and
receipts, productivity, food costs, and operating expenses.
Responsible for all communications with regard to system breakdowns
- Attends unit management meetings, makes presentations as
requested. Responsible for meeting established objectives during
periods of his/her or Service Leader's supervision.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to
achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Ensures the thorough training and development of non-exempt
personnel directly supervised.PHYSICAL
- Extensive standing, without breaks
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 -
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy
pressure/stress during busy times Bending, reaching, walking
- Communicating clearly with guests and employees
- Operating cash register
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for
distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds for a distance up to 30 feetEDUCATION
LEVEL REQUIREDHigh school diploma; some college or degree
preferred.EXPERIENCE REQUIREDOne to two years previous managerial
experience; preferably in the food services industry.DisclaimerThis
job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be,
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or
working conditions associated with the job. It is intended,
however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job
elements essential for making decisions related to job performance,
employee development and compensation. As such, the employee may
perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Keywords: Perkins, Lee's Summit , Service Manager, Executive , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!