Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Description:The District Manager role is similar to an
innovative business entrepreneur and owner, with special emphases
on comp sales, used sales, talent retention, trades, guest
experience, and loss prevention. Within GameStop's broadly defined
parameters, District Managers have the autonomy, authority, and
responsibility to inspire outstanding business results through
others as the leaders of their district's performance development
strategy.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent by creating a positive,
supportive, results-based work environment.
- Directly influence the talent development and business results
of several field teams through GameStop's global performance
management strategy and related tools, such as development planners
and performance worksheets
- Ensure that successful on-boarding and development occurs
throughout the district
- Communicate the potential that others have to grow with
GameStop, including career path information.
- Encourage outstanding business results by focusing on specific
behaviors and outcomes. Use the STAR/AR feedback model, Interaction
Guidelines, and Key Principles when interacting with others
- Personally model the professional conduct expected of all
- Respond favorably and quickly to all business opportunities
identified through sales reports, profit and loss statements,
turnover reports and exit interview data, store visit reports,
audits, compliance reporting, and guest service data
- Validate that stores are scheduling based on sales trends and
- Empower store teams to act quickly and creatively to resolve
guest issues, and respond effectively to guest issues elevated to
the multi-unit or corporate level within three days
- Review stores' shrink results, conduct post inventory counts,
and report results to Inventory Control in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the Regional Loss Prevention Leader to respond
favorably to all shrink reduction and safety opportunities
- Monitor stores' appearance and ensure all company standards are
- Discuss store relays and promotions with each Store Leader to
ensure accurate and timely executionRELATED COMPETENCIES
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing course of action for
self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Prioritizes - Identifies more critical and less critical
activities and assignments; adjusts priorities when
- Determines tasks and resources - Determines project/assignment
requirements by breaking them down into tasks and identifying types
of equipment, materials, and people needed.
- Schedules - Allocates appropriate amounts of time for
completing own and others' work; avoids scheduling conflicts;
develops timelines and milestones.
- Leverages resources - Takes advantage of available resources
(individuals, processes, departments, and tools) to complete work
efficiently; coordinates with internal and external partners.
- Stays focused - Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant
issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
- Gaining Commitment - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and
techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one's
own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals
- Opens discussions effectively. Describes expectations, goals,
requests, or future states in a way that provides clarity and
- Clarifies the current situation. Seeks, gives, and summarizes
information; ensures that the situation/issue at hand is
- -Develops others' and own ideas. Presents own ideas; seeks and
develops suggestions of others; makes procedural suggestions.
- -Facilitates agreement. Uses appropriate influence strategies
(such as demonstrating benefits or giving rewards) to gain
agreement; persists by using different approaches as needed to gain
- -Closes discussions with clear summaries. Summarizes outcomes
of discussions and establishes next steps (if needed).
- -Establishes good interpersonal relationships. In words and
actions, makes people feel valued, appreciated, and included
(enhances self-esteem, empathizes, involves, discloses,
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing
major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting
effectively to work within new work structures, processes,
requirements, or cultures.
- -Tries to understand changes. Tries to understand changes in
tasks, situations, and environment as well as the logic or basis
for change; seeks information about changes.
- Approaches change or newness positively. Treats change and new
situations as opportunities for learning or growth; focuses on the
beneficial aspects of change; speaks positively about the change to
- Adjusts behaviors. Quickly modifies behavior to deal
effectively with changes in the work environment; readily tries new
approaches appropriate for new or changed situations; does not
persist with ineffective behaviors.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Having achieved a
satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge
in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and
trends in areas of expertise.
- Marketing knowledge. Understands and uses effective marketing
techniques to support the region's and the individual's objectives
and maximize the return on its marketing dollars.
- -Financial management knowledge. Understands basic finance
(e.g., financial analysis, accounting, budgeting) and can use
financial data to accurately diagnose business conditions, identify
key issues, and develop strategies and plans.
- -Industry knowledge. Understands the industry and the factors
that can affect regional and corporate goals; uses industry
knowledge in planning and decision making.
- Keeps up to date. Stays abreast of current developments and
trends in all relevant technical and professional areas.BASIC AND
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- 3 years of successful, related experience as a multi-unit
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science from a regionally
accredited college or university in a related field of study, such
as business administration, is required, although equivalent
experience may be accepted as a substitute
- Proven ability to work productively with others, welcome and
adapt well to change, communicate thoughts and feelings
effectively, and receive and respond to feedback from others
maturelyMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of what is needed to motivate and retain
- Proven ability to achieve outstanding business results through
others, from a distance
- Proven commitment to self-directed learning, peer mentoring,
and use of all GameStop development resources
- Ability to travel unaccompanied and unassisted if necessary,
including overnight stays
- Strong guest service skills, including clear verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to handle multiple,
- Proficient use of electronic business tools: laptop computers,
computer applications, in-store systems, and communications
- Ability to move unassisted throughout stores for extended
periods (up to 12 hours per day)
- Ability to lift and/or move objects and displays (up to 50
lbs.), bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on
Keywords: GAMEUS, Lee's Summit , District Manager, Executive , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!