Registered Nurse (RN) Orthopedics
Company: Lee's Summit Medical Center
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: November 15, 2020
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered
care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients
with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your
career as an Orthopedic and Spine Registered Nurse today with Lee's
Summit Medical Center .
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they
need. At LSMC, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision
packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits
package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of
our unique benefits we offer include:
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)The Life of an HCA
We are seeking a Registered Nurse for our center to ensure that we
continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care.
Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing
team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a
phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The Orthopedic and Spine nurse works closely with the patient,
their family, and the orthopedic team to ensure clear client
education, a smooth recovery, and minimal complications. An
orthopedic nurse spends time encouraging patients to increase their
mobility, educates about how to protect their joint and bone
health, and implements strategies to minimize their pain and
About this unit:
- 16 Bed Unit; 1:5 Nurse to Patient ratio
- Patient population includes Orthopedic, Neuro, Spine, GYN
Surgeries, bladder spleens, hysterectomies, general surgeries, gall
bladders, urinary stint placements, and more
- Joint Commissioned Certified for Total Hip and Knee
- Amazing Team environment promoting positivity and
- Opportunity for Certification in Orthopedics after 2 years;
Opportunity to sit in on surgeries with physicians
- Under the general direction of the Director, Manager or Nurse
Manager, Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates and provides patient
care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for
the provision of nursing care.
- Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care is in accordance
with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing
Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice and the generic and unit
structure standards Qualifications
- A.D.N or BSN degree preferred.
- Must have a current MO RN license upon hire or a current
multistate RN license. If only a multistate RN license is provided
upon hire, a MO RN license will be required within 90 days of
- BLS certification required upon hire and maintained.
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire.
- NIH Stroke Scale certification required within 90 days of hire
and annually within the fiscal year. Shall document a minimum of
eight (8) hours of cerebrovascular (stroke) related continuing
nursing education per fiscal year. Lee s Summit Medical Center
serves Lee s Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed
advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain
Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke
Center. LSMC is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
Additional features include:
- Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms;
- Orthopedic and Spine Center,
- Level II stroke designation
- Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab,
cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
- Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech
therapy and sports medicine;
- Women s services;
- Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal
and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical
Center. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most
Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply
for our Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly
contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so
Want to learn about more opportunities with Lee's Summit Medical
Center? Contact Recruiter Johna Koelzer today! or call 816-###-####
for current and future openings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, cardiothoracic, ccu,
domiciliary, infusion, mhb, psychatric, recovery, registed
Keywords: Lee's Summit Medical Center, Lee's Summit , Registered Nurse (RN) Orthopedics, Healthcare , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!