Charge Nurse RN Emergency Room
Company: Lee's Summit Medical Center
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: January 8, 2021
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as aClinical Nurse Coordinator
you want in your current role? We have an excitingopportunity for
you to join Lee's Summit Medical Center , afacility that is part of
the nation's leading provider of healthcare services
At LSMC we want to ensure yourneeds are met. We offer a variety of
comprehensive medical, dental, and visionplans along with some
unique benefits including:
- PaidPersonal Leave
- 401k(100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- IdentityTheft Protection discounts
- Auto,Home, and Life Insurance options
- EmployeeStock Purchase Program (ESPP) TheLife of an HCA
Our teams are a committed, caring group ofcolleagues. Do you want
to work as a Clinical Nurse Coordinator where yourpassion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for thewell-being of others, this could be your
next opportunity. We want yourknowledge and expertise!
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC)ensures and delivers high
quality, patient-centered care and coordination ofall functions in
the unit/department during the designated shift. Incollaboration
with other members of the management team, the CNC
directs,monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with
establishedpolicies/procedures, serves as a resource person for
staff, and models acommitment to the organization s
vision/mission/values to support anunparalleled patient experience
and clinical outcomes that contribute tooverall departmental
About this unit:
- 20 Care Areas (13 Head walls, 3 Fast Track, 4
- Processes are down! With door to doc time less than 10
- Primary Stroke, Level II STEMI Center, Acuity is 3.1
- Average of 60 patients a day
- Open culture, collaborative team environment with
- Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team tocoordinator,
evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient
- Exercises judgement and provides direction regardinginpatient
care assignments using established policies/procedures
- Operationalizes evidence-based practices toenhance patient
safety and quality outcomes.
- Support the achievement of internal/external.Benchmarks,
accreditations, and designations.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts andother leaders to
create an environment of teamwork that supports improvedoutcomes
- Support patient-first philosophy and engages inservice recovery
- Reflects core values when interacting withco-workers, patients,
family members, and others in the community to foster anenvironment
where employees are engaged and where patient care is
- Lead in a way that inspires that inspirescommitment to the
vision/mission/values of the organization.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improveengagement by
operationalizing current nursing strategies, including
employeerounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Functions as a resource person for staffmembers.
- Provides recommendations related tointerviewing, selecting, and
training new staff.
- Resolves and/or channels employee grievance,disputes, or
concerns according to appropriate procedures. Escalates issues
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages allpractical aspects of
staff labor in accordance with patient care needs andestablished
productivity guidelines. Qualifications
- BSN preferred
- Musthave a current MO RN license upon hire or a current
multistate RNlicense. If only a multistate RN license is provided
upon hire, a MO RNlicense will be required within 90 days of
- BLSrequired upon hire
- ACLSrequired within six months of hire.
- NIHStroke Scale certification required within 90 days of hire
and annually withinthe fiscal year. Shall document a minimum of
four (4) hours of cerebrovascular(stroke) related continuing
nursing education per fiscal year.
- ENPCand/or PALS within 6 months of hire.
- Shallbe credentialed in trauma care (TNCC) within one 6 months
of assignmentdocumenting a minimum of eight (8) hours of trauma
related continuing nursingeducation per year.
- Noprevious experience required other than clinical rotations
required as part ofthe degree completion.
- Priorexperience in a similar size facility with similar
services provided ispreferred.
- Previousemergency, pre-hospital or critical care preferred. Lee
s Summit Medical Center serves Lee s Summit, Missouri,and
areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a
Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission
Center. LSMC is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
- EmergencyDepartment with 14 private treatment rooms;
- Orthopedicand Spine Center,
- LevelII stroke designation
- Cardiovascularservices with a cardiac catheterization lab,
cardiac rehabilitation, vascularsurgery and more;
- Rehabilitationservices with physical, occupational and speech
therapy and sports medicine;
- Women sservices;
- Surgicalservice, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal
and robotic assistedprocedures; imaging services;
- TheSarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical
Center. HCA Healthcarehas been continually named a World's Most
by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
billion in cost forthe delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other
If you are looking for an opportunity thatprovides satisfaction and
growth, we encourage you to apply for our ClinicalNurse Coordinator
opening. We promptly review all applications. Highlyqualified
candidates will be
contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilitiesand apply
We are an equalopportunity employer and value diversity at our
do not discriminateon the basis of race, religion, color, national
sexualorientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, coronary, hospice,
infusion, intensive care, neonatal, nurse clinical, recovery,
Keywords: Lee's Summit Medical Center, Lee's Summit , Charge Nurse RN Emergency Room, Healthcare , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!