Charge Nurse RN Emergency Room
Company: Lee's Summit Medical Center
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: February 23, 2021
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Charge Nurse you want in
your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join
Lee's Summit Medical Center , a facility that is part of the
nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA
At LSMC we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of
comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some
unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) The Life of an HCA
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a Charge Nurse where your passion for creating positive
patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for
the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We
want your knowledge and expertise!
The Charge Nurse ensures and delivers high quality,
patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the
unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with
other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors,
and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established
policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and
models a commitment to the organization s vision/mission/values to
support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes
that contribute to overall departmental performance.
About this unit:
- 20 Care Areas (13 Head walls, 3 Fast Track, 4 Hallway
- Processes are down! With door to doc time less than 10
- Primary Stroke, Level II STEMI Center, Acuity is 3.1
- Average of 60 patients a day
- Open culture, collaborative team environment with amazing
- Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team to coordinator,
evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient centered
- Operationalizes evidence-based practices to enhance patient
safety and quality outcomes.
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of quality of patient
care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other
members of the management team.
- Reflects core values when interacting with co-workers,
patients, family members, and others in the community to foster an
environment where employees are engaged and where patient care is
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by
operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee
rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting,
and training new staff.
- Recommends and implements courses of action, including training
and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance,
completion of performance evaluation, and/or disciplinary actions
to ensure a competitively superior organization.
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of
staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established
productivity guidelines. Qualifications
- BSN preferred
- Must have a current MO RN license upon hire or a current
multistate RN license. If only a multistate RN license is provided
upon hire, a MO RN license will be required within 90 days of
- BLS required upon hire
- ACLS required within six months of hire.
- NIH Stroke Scale certification required within 90 days of hire
and annually within the fiscal year. Shall document a minimum of
four (4) hours of cerebrovascular (stroke) related continuing
nursing education per fiscal year.
- ENPC and/or PALS within 6 months of hire.
- Shall be credentialed in trauma care (TNCC) within one 6 months
of assignment documenting a minimum of eight (8) hours of trauma
related continuing nursing education per year.
- No previous experience required other than clinical rotations
required as part of the degree completion.
- Prior experience in a similar size facility with similar
services provided is preferred.
- Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care preferred.
Lee s Summit Medical Center serves Lee s Summit, Missouri, and
surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both
a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint
Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is an affiliate of
Additional features include:
- Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms;
- Orthopedic and Spine Center,
- Level II stroke designation
- Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab,
cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
- Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech
therapy and sports medicine;
- Women s services;
- Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal
and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical
Center. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most
Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Charge Nurse
RN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, ccu, domiciliary, intensive
care, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse, psychatric,
Keywords: Lee's Summit Medical Center, Lee's Summit , Charge Nurse RN Emergency Room, Healthcare , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!