Charge Registered Nurse RN Orthopedics
Company: Lee's Summit Medical Center
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: June 16, 2022
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
- $10,000 sign on bonus paid out in less than 30 days-
Do you have the career opportunities as a Clinical Nurse
Coordinator you want in your current role? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join Lee's Summit Medical Center , a
facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At LSMC we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of
comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some
unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) The Life of an HCA
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a Clinical Nurse Coordinator where your passion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high
quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in
the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration
with other members of the management team, the CNC directs,
monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established
policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and
models a commitment to the organization's vision/mission/values to
support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes
that contribute to overall departmental performance.
About this unit:
- 16 Bed Unit; 1:5 Nurse to Patient ratio
- Patient population includes Orthopedic, Neuro, Spine, GYN
Surgeries, bladder spleens, hysterectomies, general surgeries, gall
bladders, urinary stint placements, and more
- Joint Commissioned Certified for Total Hip and Knee
- Amazing Team environment promoting positivity and
- Opportunity for Certification in Orthopedics after 2 years;
Opportunity to sit in on surgeries with physicians.
- Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team to coordinator,
evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient centered
- Exercises judgement and provides direction regarding inpatient
care assignments using established policies/procedures
- Operationalizes evidence-based practices to enhance patient
safety and quality outcomes.
- Support the achievement of internal/external. Benchmarks,
accreditations, and designations.
- Ensures equipment maintenance is performed regularly and
according to regulatory and /or accreditation standards.
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of quality of patient
care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other
members of the management team.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by
operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee
rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting,
and training new staff.
- Recommends and implements courses of action, including training
and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance,
completion of performance evaluation, and/or disciplinary actions
to ensure a competitively superior organization.
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of
staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing
supplies and equipment Qualifications
- Associate Degree in Nursing or RN Diploma Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Preferred
- 1+ years applicable experience Required
- Currently licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the
state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in
accordance with law and regulation .
- BLS certification required upon hire
- ACLS required within 90 Days of hire
- Crisis Prevention Intervention(CPI) Preferred
- Basic Dysrhythmia Program Completion Required
- NIH Stroke Certification required within 90 Days of Hire Lee's
Summit Medical Center serves Lee's Summit, Missouri, and
surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both
a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint
Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is an affiliate of
Additional features include:
- Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms;
- Orthopedic and Spine Center,
- Level II stroke designation
- Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab,
cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
- Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech
therapy and sports medicine;
- Women's services;
- Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal
and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical
Center. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most
Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical
Nurse Coordinator RN opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: Lee's Summit Medical Center, Lee's Summit , Charge Registered Nurse RN Orthopedics, Healthcare , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!