LPN - $7500K Sign-On Bonus - 2022 & 2021 Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work!
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: June 18, 2022
$7,500 Sign On Bonus!
CONNECT WITH US! Discover insights on what to expect as a Job
Candidate with Amedisys. Take 3 minutes to view our Welcome to
Amedisys Video - https://vimeo.com/640032567
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
As a home health nurse with Amedisys, you will provide one on one
skilled nursing care and treatment to patients in their home using
a comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative
solutions, and a preferred technology for point of care
documentation. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time
with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and
independence. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and
collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
- Verifies the plan of care and any verbal orders prior to each
visit and provides skilled nursing care to the patient according to
the physician's orders and as directed by the Registered Nurse in
accordance with care center policies.
- Performs vital signs and monitors the patient for signs and
symptoms of the primary and secondary diagnosis defined by the Plan
of Care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Reviews all medications for each patient each visit and
performs a medication reconciliation at each visit.
- Teaches and trains patients and caregivers in learning
appropriate self-care techniques with demonstrations as appropriate
to ascertain response to training.
- Collaborates and exchanges patient information with the
physician and the Registered Nurse as well as other appropriate
staff as frequently as necessary to assure patient's needs are
being met. Notifies the physician and Registered Nurse as soon as
possible when patient's condition changes.
- Documents clinical visit notes in the home if possible or
within time frame mandated by care center policy.
- Performs specialized procedures required as ordered by the
physician (i.e. foley catheter change- for which competency has
been deemed appropriate).
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing
aseptic technique as required.
- Stays abreast of nursing trends and knowledge.
- Participates in Patient Care Conferences as frequently as
needed and according to care center policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a
practical/vocational nurse specific to that state the employee is
assigned to work.
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience as a Licensed
Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation and agency
required liability insurance to complete home visits.Preferred
- Acute care experience as a licensed nurse with the adult
population in a medical - surgical environment.
- Previous home health or hospice experience.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employeesCOME JOIN AMEDISYS! See why
health care providers select Amedisys as their employer of choice!
The Amedisys Strategy in 4 Minutes -
Keywords: Amedisys, Lee's Summit , LPN - $7500K Sign-On Bonus - 2022 & 2021 Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work!, Healthcare , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!