Advanced Paramedic PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you passionate about the patient
experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for
patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family!
Jump-start your career as a(an) Advanced Paramedic PRN today with
Lee's Summit Medical Center.BenefitsLee's Summit Medical Center,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Advanced Paramedic PRN. We care for our
community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues
donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply
Today!Job Summary and QualificationsThe Emergency Medical
Technician - Paramedic (EMT-P) provides direct patient care, within
the scope of the Texas Paramedic/EMT Practice Act and under the
direction of the Registered Nurse, in the Emergency Department. As
an ER Advances Care Tech, you perform a variety of functions for
patients requiring urgent or emergency attention. We are an amazing
team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a
phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. What you will do in this role:
- You will assist with obtaining and documentation of vital signs
and placement of oxygen saturation, cardiac monitoring, and
non-invasive blood pressure monitoring systems.
- You will assist with other technical functions such as:
obtaining 12-lead EKGs, discontinuation of peripheral IV and
heparin/saline locks and maintenance and care of specimens for
- You will assist with patient care and treatments including
positioning patients, application of sterile dressings,
immobilization of extremities, cast and splint applications.
- You will complete basic psychomotor skills and activities
related to care.
- You will assist with wound care, insertion of Foley catheters
and nasogastric tubes.
- You will report and document vital signs, test results,
procedures and pertinent data in concise and timely manner.
- You will clean and stock carts, rooms, and change linen as
- You will provides written instructions and/or educational
materials to patients and family members.What qualifications you
- Current licensure in the State as a Paramedic. EMT-P
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a field Paramedic with an EMS
agency and/or clinical experience working in a hospital.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 30 days
of employment start date.
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Cour, or PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt
must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date.
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), or Emergency Medical
Paramedic (EMP)This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations
(unless a medical or religious exemption is approved). is an 80+
bed full-service hospital. We serve Lee's Summit and surrounding
areas. Our services are supported by more than 300 physicians who
represent more than 40 specialties. We have more than 500 highly
trained colleagues and 60 volunteers. Our services and specialties
include cardiology, cancer care, endoscopy, emergency services,
imaging, neurology, pain management, and pulmonology. We offer
physical therapy, speech-language pathology, occupational therapy,
sports medicine, respiratory care, women's care, and an array of
surgical services. We have a dually-accredited Chest Pain and
Primary Stroke Center. Our trained staff and experienced Medical
Staff are ready to treat our community. Our hospital is affiliated
with HCA Healthcare Midwest Health.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Advanced Paramedic PRN opening. We promptly review
all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Lee's Summit , Advanced Paramedic PRN, Healthcare , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!