Student Nurse Externship
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a place to deliver
excellent care patients deserve? At Lee's Summit Medical Center we
support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an)
Student Nurse Externship and access programs to assist with every
stage of your career.BenefitsLee's Summit Medical Center offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our Student Nurse Externship opening and continue to learn!Job
Summary and Qualifications
- The Nurse Extern delivers high quality, patient-centered care
by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services
related to common nursing functions and activities of daily
- Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the Nurse
Extern assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in
accordance with the Nurse Extern's skills/training and the needs of
the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with
maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care
- The Nurse Extern is currently enrolled and in good standing in
an accredited school of nursing and can perform higher-level
procedures once competency is achieved.
- Flexible Schedule with opportunity to earn shadow time on
- Post orientation and clinical skills check off, nursing
students receive hands on experience working with a Registered
nurse performing more nursing skills.
- Opportunity to interview early for Graduate Nurse
- Apply Now to continue a conversation with a recruiter today on
how we can continue to support you! What qualifications you will
- Actively enrolled in an Accredited Nursing Program, with
completion of Nursing Fundamentals or Active C.N.A license in the
State of Missouri
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- High School Graduate / GED This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).Lee's Summit Medical Center is an 80+ bed full-service
hospital. We serve Lee's Summit and surrounding areas. Our services
are supported by more than 300 physicians who represent more than
40 specialties. We have more than 500 highly trained colleagues and
60 volunteers. Our services and specialties include cardiology,
cancer care, endoscopy, emergency services, imaging, neurology,
pain management, and pulmonology. We offer physical therapy,
speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, sports medicine,
respiratory care, women's care, and an array of surgical services.
We have a dually-accredited Chest Pain and Primary Stroke Center.
Our trained staff and experienced Medical Staff are ready to treat
our community. Our hospital is affiliated with HCA Healthcare
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Student Nurse
Externship opening. Our team will promptly review your application.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities apply today!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Lee's Summit , Student Nurse Externship, Healthcare , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!