Emergency Department Registered Nurse
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you currently have an opportunity to
make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care
and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year,
nurses at Lee's Summit Medical Center have the opportunity to make
a real impact. As a(an) Emergency Department Registered Nurse you
can be a part of change.BenefitsLee's Summit Medical Center, offers
a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock
your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your
personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of
nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an)
Emergency Department Registered Nurse. We want your knowledge and
expertise!Job Summary and QualificationsFrom heart attack to stroke
to gunshot wounds, motor vehicle accidents, or just fractured
bones, ER nurses see it all. ER nurses learn to quickly triage
patients based on immediate observation and acute assessment
skills, then to treat symptoms in order of life-threatening
priority. About this unit:
- 20 Care Areas
- Processes are down! With door to doc time less than 10
- Primary Stroke, Level II STEMI Center, Acuity is 3.1
- Average of 60 patients a day
- Open culture, collaborative team environment with amazing
- The role of the Registered Nurse is to perform patient care
under the direction of the Nurse Manager/Director.
- The Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative
services necessary for the care of the patient, and in support of
the mission of Lee's Summit Medical Center Hospital.
- The Registered Nurse in this department provides care for all
What qualifications you will need:
- Must have a current MO RN license upon hire or a current
multistate RN license. If only a multistate RN license is provided
upon hire, a MO RN license will be required within 90 days of
- BLS required upon hire.
- ENPC and/or PALS within 6 months of hire.
- ACLS required upon hire.
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification required within 90 days of hire
and annually within the fiscal year. Shall document a minimum of
four(4) hours of cerebrovascular (stroke) related continuing
nursing education per fiscal year.
- Shall be credentialed in trauma care (TNCC) within one 6 months
of assignment documenting a minimum of eight (8) hours of trauma
related continuing nursing education per year.
- Prior experience in a similar size facility with similar
services provided is preferred.
- Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).Lee's Summit Medical Center is
an 80+ bed full-service hospital. We serve Lee's Summit and
surrounding areas. Our services are supported by more than 300
physicians who represent more than 40 specialties. We have more
than 500 highly trained colleagues and 60 volunteers. Our services
and specialties include cardiology, cancer care, endoscopy,
emergency services, imaging, neurology, pain management, and
pulmonology. We offer physical therapy, speech-language pathology,
occupational therapy, sports medicine, respiratory care, women's
care, and an array of surgical services. We have a
dually-accredited Chest Pain and Primary Stroke Center. Our trained
staff and experienced Medical Staff are ready to treat our
community. Our hospital is affiliated with HCA Healthcare Midwest
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that
leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our
Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Emergency
Department Registered Nurse opening. Submit your application today
and help advance the practice of nursing.We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Lee's Summit , Emergency Department Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!