Clinical Nurse Coordinator Intensive Care
Company: Lee's Summit Medical Center
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to be appreciated daily? Our
nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for
patients. At Lee's Summit Medical Center our nurses set us apart
from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Clinical
Nurse Coordinator Intensive Care to join our healthcare
family.BenefitsLee's Summit Medical Center, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsAt Lee's Summit Medical
Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurses
path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal
career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination!
Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path
that fits their life for life and empowers their passion for
patient care. Apply today for our Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Intensive Care opportunity.
Job Summary and QualificationsThe Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC)
ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and
coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the
designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the
management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing
care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as
a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the
organizations vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled
patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall
departmental performance.ICU nurses work quickly, efficiently,
independently, and meticulously.In order to treat the most critical
patients in the most thorough manner, critical care nurses use
their specialized skills and extensive knowledge of disease
pathology to provide interventions that sustain life. About this
- 10 Bed Unit with 2:1 Patient/Nurse Ratio
- High Acuity and High volume in a tight knit, family oriented
unit, no one works alone.
- CRRT, Impella, Balloon Pumps, Cardiac, Vascular, Septic Shock
- Stroke and Stemi Certified
- Dedicated Intensivists, Approachable and teaching
- Supportive leadership team and opportunity for CCRN, cross
training and more growth!
What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of
patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with
other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to
create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service
recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by
operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee
rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting,
and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of
action, including training and development, conflict resolution,
personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations,
and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of
staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing
supplies and equipment.What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 30 days
of employment start date
- Registered NurseThis role requires you to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or
regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).Lee's Summit Medical Center is an 80+ bed full-service
hospital. We serve Lees Summit and surrounding areas. Our services
are supported by more than 300 physicians who represent more than
40 specialties. We have more than 500 highly trained colleagues and
60 volunteers. Our services and specialties include cardiology,
cancer care, endoscopy, emergency services, imaging, neurology,
pain management, and pulmonology. We offer physical therapy,
speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, sports medicine,
respiratory care, womens care, and an array of surgical services.
We have a dually-accredited Chest Pain and Primary Stroke Center.
Our trained staff and experienced Medical Staff are ready to treat
our community. Our hospital is affiliated with HCA Healthcare
Midwest Health.HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the
Worlds Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than
ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals
will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the
really great institutions will provide care with warmth,
compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Join a family that cares about every
stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our
Clinical Nurse Coordinator Intensive Care opening. Apply today and
a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: Lee's Summit Medical Center, Lee's Summit , Clinical Nurse Coordinator Intensive Care, Healthcare , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...