CMT/CNA (12hr Shifts), FT Day
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: September 8, 2023
* MUST BE ABLE TO WORK THE FOLLOWING TWO-WEEK ROTATING SCHEDULE
Sun/Wed/Thurs - Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat
**RED TEAM on LTC Unit**
Certified medication technician is specially trained to set up
medications, administer them to the proper residents/customers and
document administration in the medical record.Functions under the
supervision of professional nurse within parameters of State
approved credentialing.Responsible for supervising or providing
direct patient care.Supportive of the Village's mission, values,
and service/hospitality (PRIDE) expectations. Completes training as
required by policy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Timely and accurately assembles and administers medications to
the residents/customers using established procedures.
- Accurately maintains medical records under the supervision of
- Performs minor treatments within the scope of practice of a
- Maintains the required type and amount of drug supply for
- Accurately and timely completes required documentation of
nursing care to meet all state and Village requirements.
- Observes resident/customer and reports problems/changes to the
- Performs the functions of a Certified Nurse Assistant when
- Acts as first responder in emergency for residents/customers as
- Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements.
- Handles stress well and gets along with others within the
workplace and with customers outside the department.
- Maintains acceptable standards of workplace conduct.
The responsibilities described above represent the primary
responsibilities of the job.Other responsibilities may be assigned
by the supervisor as warranted by business needs.The incumbent is
expected to perform all assigned responsibilities.
- This job requires a combination of education, training and/or
experience that would typically be acquired through a course of
study leading to a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have current MO Certified Medication Technician.
- Valid driver's license
- Current CPR certification preferred.
Village Assisted Living CMT associates are required to have current
Insulin administration certification at time of hire; or the
ability to obtain within 3 months of employment start date.
Knowledge and Skills (required unless otherwise noted):
- Intermediate level knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic level knowledge of Microsoft operating system and
Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating instructions, handbooks and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple sentences, paragraphs and
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates
of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- The associate is exposed to infectious diseases.
- The associate is required to function around individuals with
challenged mental capacities.
- The associate is subject to inside environmental conditions:
Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from
- Required to drive from one location to another if necessary for
services provided through the department.
- All associates may be called upon to assist other departments
in a declared emergency situation.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Occasional maximum lift of 50 lbs from floor to waist; occasional
maximum lift of 15 lbs floor to overhead; occasional maximum lift
of 20 lbs from knuckle to shoulder occasional maximum carry of 38
lbs 15 feet; frequent maximum carry of 5 lbs 100 feet; occasional
maximum horizontal push/pull force of 40 lbs; occasional maximum
grip force of 40 lbs; constant maximum pinch force of 5 lbs;
frequent forward reach; occasional overhead reach; frequent bend;
occasional trunk rotation; constant fine motor coordination;
occasional foot coordination; occasional balance; constant walk and
constant sit. PDC Level: Medium
Under the supervision of LPN or RN on duty or on call
May provide work direction to Certified Nursing Assistants. May be
in charge in absence of supervising nurse.
Post-offer background check and health screening required
Questions can be directed to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: JKV, Lee's Summit , CMT/CNA (12hr Shifts), FT Day, Healthcare , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!