Company: Lee's Summit Medical Center
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a Surgical Technologist you want with your current employer? We
have an exciting opportunity for you to join Lee's Summit Medical
Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsLee's Summit Medical Center,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location. Our
teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to
work as a Surgical Technologist where your passion for creating
positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to
caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next
opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and
QualificationsCertified Surgical Technologists (CST) support
patient care in the perioperative setting by assisting surgeons and
nursing staff before, during and after surgical procedures. As an
integral member of the team, Scrub Techs make meaningful
differences in patients lives. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced
setting with a focus on clinical excellence, unlock the
possibilities in your career by joining us. What you will do in
- You will create and maintain the sterile field.
- You will prepare the Operating Room: set up sterilized
instruments, position patient and assist others with gloves and
- You will assist the surgical team as needed: pass instruments,
fluids and supplies, hold retractors and prepare equipment.
- You will provide proper counting techniques for all
instruments, sponges and tools.
- You will assist with transport and transfer of patients.
- You will apply safety procedures and principles in all
actions.What qualifications you will need:
- Completion of a Surgical Technician Certificate Program
required. Can use experience as an OR Scrub Tech in lieu of
- BLS certification required and maintained.
- Prefer six months to one year OR experience in a scrub
- Must be able to read and write, hear and follow verbal and/or
written instructions. Must wear hospital provided protective
barrier attire while on duty. is an 80+ bed full-service hospital.
We serve Lees Summit and surrounding areas. Our services are
supported by more than 300 physicians who represent more than 40
specialties. We have more than 500 highly trained colleagues and 60
volunteers. Our services and specialties include cardiology, cancer
care, endoscopy, emergency services, imaging, neurology, pain
management, and pulmonology. We offer physical therapy,
speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, sports medicine,
respiratory care, womens care, and an array of surgical services.
We have a dually-accredited Chest Pain and Primary Stroke Center.
Our trained staff and experienced Medical Staff are ready to treat
our community. Our hospital is affiliated with HCA Healthcare
Midwest Health.HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the
Worlds Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than
ten times. ?In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do
not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA
Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity that
provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Surgical Technologist opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: Lee's Summit Medical Center, Lee's Summit , Surgical Technologist, Healthcare , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!