Advanced Practice Provider: Walk In Clinics PRN
Company: Saint Luke's Health Systems
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: October 20, 2018
The best place to give care. The best place to get care. That is the Saint Luke s vision and, whether in a hospital, clinic, practice or office, our nearly 11,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Saint Luke s employees are proud of our rich history and heritage, and that we remain the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke s means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence in patient care. Job Description The Advanced Practice Provider is an essential member of the care team under the Saint Luke s Medical Group (SLMG) Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Model. The job functions outlined below support the PCMH model.
This position is for a PRN Advanced Practice Provider to staff a walk-in clinic within a busy primary care office. The operating hours of the clinic are Monday-Friday 7am to 7pm and will work on Saturdays 8am to Noon.
The Advanced Practice Provider is an essential member of the care team under the Saint Luke s Medical Group (SLMG) Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Model. The job functions outlined below support the PCMH model.
1. Works in collaboration with the physician (s) in clinical decision-making, case management and evaluation of patients of all ages that present to the clinic.
2. Evaluates population health data and identify areas for improvement and establishes methods for quality improvement.
3. Works within scope of practice, according to standards of practice delineated by the licensure requirements of the State of Kansas and/or Missouri and in accordance with the collaborative practice agreement, and maintains educational requirements for licensure and board certification.
4. Performs assessment of patients and records care plan, assessments, and orders medications, injections and ancillary test (s) in the electronic medical record (EMR).
5. Evaluates and performs assessments on established and new patients to include both acute and chronic conditions as directed by the collaborating physician (s).
6. Conducts comprehensive health assessments aimed at health promotion and disease prevention.
7. Interprets test results and integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
8. Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs. Educates patient and family on specific disease states and wellness/prevention issues.
9. Promotes continuity of care through communication of the patient s care plan and progress of goals with appropriate care team members.
10. Maintains and reviews patient records. Completes electronic notes within 24 hours of visit.
11. Collaborates with physicians and other departments and specialists for management/referral consultation as appropriate.
12. Notifies physician of any changes to patient s health history via tasking through the EMR.
13. Utilizes evidence-based approaches to self-management and uses patient coaching and motivational interviewing models.
14. Effectively communicates with all segments of the practice s patient population and particularly the vulnerable populations.
15. Educates clinical staff members to include licensed nurses and medical assistants.
16. Adopts a team based approach to patient care by participating in daily huddles with physicians, nursing staff, and other pertinent care team members.
17. Triage patient calls as needed via the telephone and electronic messaging during office hours. Ensure all clinical advice is documented in the patient s electronic medical record.
18. Participates in patient satisfaction programs and applies knowledge to daily interactions.
19. Attends physician meetings on a monthly basis.
Clinic Locations:Lee s Summit Primary Care, Plaza Primary Care, Barry Road Primary Care and Blue Springs Primary Care. Rotating 12 hour shifts and Saturdays 8am to NoonJob Description is below:Accountable for advanced nursing practice in the care of assigned patient populations. Responsible for collecting and analyzing client health data identifies appropriate expected outcomes development and implement plan of care provide comprehensive clinical coordination of care and case management provide consultation to influence plan of care for clients enhance the abilities of others and effect change in the system uses prescriptive authority procedures and treatments in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations evaluate clients progress in attaining expected outcomes conduct nursing research provide education to patient family and nursing staff and case manages high risk patients. See department policy regarding scheduling requirements.EducationMaster's Degree (Required)CertificationsAdvanced Practice Provider - Various, Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red CrossWork ShiftDay (United States of America)J oin the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users. Associated topics: assessments, board, bsn, cns, family, gerontological nurse practitioner, np, nursing assistant cna, specialis, specialist
Keywords: Saint Luke's Health Systems, Lee's Summit , Advanced Practice Provider: Walk In Clinics PRN, Healthcare , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!