Patient Care Registered Nurse
Company: Vera Whole Health
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: May 29, 2019
- Take vital signs, record in electronic medical record and
perform systems review, perform point of care testing and assist
providers with diagnostic tests.
- Provide routine patient education around self-management,
chronic disease, acute needs under the direction of the
- Provide triage via phone or in person for urgent/emergent/same
day appointment asks
- Administration of immunizations, injections, or oral
medications as directed by provider or standing order.
- Perform phlebotomy, prepare designated lab work and/or
specimens as directed by provider or standing order.
- Coordinate care with disease management or case management
programs as needed.
- Track future patient care needs such as preventive exams,
completion of outside diagnostic testing, work with registries to
do outbound calls to members.
- Outreach to patients and specialists to help coordinate
referrals, care gap closures, release of records, and overall
- EMR documentation experience is required Clinic Operations
- Manage patient care flow. Set up exam/procedure room
appropriately based on patient visit needs.
- Handle multiple phone lines and email correspondence with
excellent verbal and written communication skills., at times
working at the front desk when needed.
- Perform inventory of clinic supplies and dispensary, order and
stock clinic supply as needed, provide QA controls and complete QA
- Where necessary to be the external facing representative for
the clinic (Telephone, schedule appointments, Patient Registration,
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping
patient care information confidential and in compliance with HIPAA
- Participate in organizational quality improvement guidelines
and pertinent government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.
- Utilize principles of safety and infection control, including
- May be required to travel to other sites for coverage or to
off-site events for the client.Team Duties
- Prepare for, attend and participate in team meetings and
huddles. Collaborate in developing team priorities, patient goals
and care plans.
- Participate in training, orientation, ongoing competency
assessments and continuous learning efforts.
- Work with clinic team to meet client performance targets and
metrics for clinic services.
- Must be able to work flexible hours with shifts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Education/Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduated from an accredited school Registered Nursing
- Current state license Registered Nurse.
- Minimum 2 years' experience. Preferred in primary/urgent
- Documentation of Hepatitis B vaccination or proof of immunity
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90
days before start-date.
- Must show proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS)
certification for Healthcare Providers from a nationally accredited
organization upon hire.Demonstrated Attributes:
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to The Vera Way
by practicing its key components of mindfulness, continuous
learning, a coach approach, innovation, adaptability and resilience
with all members of Vera's staff, clients and patients.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Critical thinking skills around patient care, work flow, and
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize work assignments in a
busy clinical environment.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and excellent
verbal and written communication.
- Intermediate computer skills preferred.Physical Demands:
- Includes full range of body motion including the potential of
handling and lifting patients, must be able to perform physical
exams with medical instrumentation.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal
ranges. Must be able to effectively communicate with patients and
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of
- Occasionally lift and carry items up to 50 pounds. WDMP
Keywords: Vera Whole Health, Lee's Summit , Patient Care Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!