Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: September 10, 2019
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Flory Center C - Lees
Summit, MOPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 2 Year
DegreeTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift AnyJob Category
NurseDescription ReDiscover is a nonprofit community mental health
agency that offers a full spectrum of programs and services for
people whose lives have been affected by serious mental illness
and/or substance use. ReDiscover helps men, women, and children who
have limited income, no insurance or who are under-insured.
We started out in Lee's Summit, MO as a group of volunteers in the
basement of a local church. We incorporated in 1969. Over the
years, the community has known our agency and our unique programs
by several different names, including Research Mental Health, North
Star, and Common Ground. In 2003, we permanently changed our agency
name to ReDiscover.
In collaboration with, and under the supervision of the Director of
Nursing, the floating Registered Nurse provides nursing support to
the practice of psychiatry, as appropriate, for adults and/or
children who are ReDiscover clients in accordance with the
standards of clinical practice established by the State of Missouri
and the policies and procedures of ReDiscover. The floating RN may
be utilized at any ReDiscover program/facility in the greater
Kansas City area.
- Uses assessment information to make an appropriate clinical
assessment of client current conditions in a timely manner
- Completes initial assessment/history on all clients entering
- Demonstrates safe medications practices and use of
- Effectively coordinates medications needs including refills,
samples, prior authorizations, etc.
- Uses assessment information to make appropriate referrals,
consult with the physician, or educate the client as
- Educates client and families on symptoms, medications, and side
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills of job duties and maintains
accountability and responsibility for all tasks assigned.
- Provides a welcoming approach towards all clients, visitors and
guests from a trauma informed approach.
- Work product is performed in a quality manner.
- Demonstrates culturally competent respect for all clients and
guests through verbal and non-verbal behaviors and assists them as
- Safeguards Protected Health Information written and
electronically and maintains confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
RN or BSN degree
At least two (2) years experience in direct psychiatric nursing
services provision in a mental health setting.
Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the State of Missouri.
Requires Intermediate computer skills in typing/keyboarding,
Microsoft Word and Excel programs as well as Gmail.
The ability to work with all persons with multiple challenges
(mental illness, substance abuse, physical challenges,
developmental disabilities, etc.).
SALARY AND BENEFITS
ReDiscover offers a competitive salary, affordable medical and
dental plans, 403(b) savings plan, and tuition assistance, along
with other benefits.
Keywords: ReDiscover, Lee's Summit , Floating-Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!