Licensed Athletic Trainer
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description Do you have the career opportunities as an Athletic
Trainer you want in your current role? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join Lee's Summit Medical Center a facility
that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services HCA Healthcare.
At LSMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety
of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some
unique benefits including:
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)Our teams are a
committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as an
Athletic Trainer where your passion for creating positive patient
interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the
well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want
your knowledge and expertise!
As an Athletic trainer you are improving functional outcomes for
patients and specialize in patient education to prevent injury and
re-injury. Athletic Trainers are able to reduce injury and shorten
rehabilitation time for their patients, improving their quality of
life. About this unit:
- Support 6 High School in Missouri (Jackson County and Johnson
- Strong, collaborative team, great work/life balance.
- Amazing physicians and administrative support, with
opportunities to support other HCA facilities.
- Provide Athletic Training Services to student athletes under
the direction of the team physician or by written referral from a
physician, and in accordance with state athletic training practice
- Maintain appropriate general treatment orders to be reviewed
annually and approved by the team physician.
- Provide athletic training services for all home athletic
contests. If a conflict arises the ATC will contact the Athletic
Director to determine preference of event to cover.
- Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists, the
school district, athletes and their parents.
- Maintain accurate records of injuries, treatments and provide
insurance claim forms for sports injuries treated by a
- Develop and maintain a budget for the athletic training
- Schedule and be present for pre-participation sports
- Provide the coaches and athletic director with a list of
athletes medically eligible to compete under district and state
rules and regulations. Assist the athletic director as requested.
- A bachelor's degree, prefer MS/MEd degree, current NATABOC
- Missouri ATC License; required within 30 days of hire
- BLS required.
- One or two years in athletic training setting preferred. Entry
level graduates with NATA certification will be considered.
- Decision-making skills to make treatment assessments based on
quick injury evaluation.
- The ability to analyze injuries and convert data into
meaningful medical chart reports.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate both in person
and in writing. The athletic trainer will interact with management,
doctors, professional staff, patients, general public and local
schools and sports teams.Lee's Summit Medical Center serves Lee's
Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced
technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified
Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center.
LSMC is part of HCA Healthcare.
Additional features include:
- Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms;
- Orthopedic and Spine Center,
- Level II stroke designation
- Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab,
cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
- Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech
therapy and sports medicine;
- Women's services;
- Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal
and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical
Center. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most
Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses.If you are looking for an opportunity that provides
satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our
MRI Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly
qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Lee's Summit , Licensed Athletic Trainer, Human Resources , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!