Mechanical Designer - Entry Level
Company: Briggs and Stratton
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Briggs & Stratton / Billy Goat, located in Lee's Summit,
Missouri, is a leading and innovative manufacturer of outdoor power
equipment. We specialize in the design and manufacture of machines
in three product groups: Debris Management (vacuums, blowers, and
debris loaders), Lawn Renovation, and Brush Cutters. We have an
immediate opening for a full time Designer to support our Product
Development efforts.The Mechanical Designer will design components
or tooling, assemblies and concept models. Prepares basic layouts
and designs. Ensures proper use of modeling techniques and design
standards. Reviews parts for release based on inspection
- Designs basic components or tooling, assemblies and concept
- Produces basic 3D models, modifies complex 3D models, and
details complicated component and assembly drawings using
- Prepares layouts of basic equipment incorporating new designs
or design modifications.
- Researches and processes ECNs as needed.
- Redesigns components for functional improvements or cost
- Coordinates tasks to ensure successful completion of
- Reviews parts for production based on inspection reports.
- Checks basic models and prints for proper use of modeling
techniques and design standards.
- Ensures the New Product Development process is being followed
at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Job Skills Requirements
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Design or related field, or
equivalent education and experience
- Minimum three years of Mechanical Design experience using
Solidworks.(May include co-op/internship experience)
- Demonstrated visual acuity and design techniques to produce
workable 3D layouts for new designs.
- Ability to calculate dimensions and specify allowances and
tolerances in accord with standard practices.
- Proficient in math, including trigonometry with a basic
understanding of geometric tolerancing and gauging.
- Familiar with physical properties of materials and property
enhancers and the relative cost of materials.
- Basic understanding of standards and applications in an
- Familiar with most manufacturing processes and assembly
- Developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of
responsibility and/or location.Job Type: Full-timePay: $55,000.00 -
$65,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shiftWork Location: One location
Keywords: Briggs and Stratton, Lee's Summit , Mechanical Designer - Entry Level, Other , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!