Capacity Portfolio Representative
Company: C.H Robinson
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: January 23, 2023
POSITION SUMMARYThe Capacity Portfolio Representative is an
entry-level role responsible for the growth and retention of a
portfolio of active carrier accounts. This individual creates value
by understanding each carrier s goals and preferences and
identifying freight that best meets their needs. The Capacity
Portfolio Representative develops understanding of digital,
automated, and manual booking solutions and drives capacity
utilization through relationship building, problem solving and
providing an exceptional carrier experience. Accountable for
informing contracted carriers of service level requirements so
carriers can meet the expectations of the customer.DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIESThe duties and responsibilities of this position
shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:Portfolio
- Learn and demonstrate understanding of carrier s business,
growth goals, preferences, capabilities, equipment, and expertise
to maximize the relationship, capacity utilization, use of digital
products and carrier satisfaction.
- Monitor activity and/or dormancy of accounts within the
portfolio. Investigate potential causes, identify solutions, and
take appropriate action to grow inactive or underutilized
- Develop understanding of automated booking products including
Book it Now, Auto-Book, Committed Capacity Programs, and the
benefits of each to the carrier and C.H. Robinson. May gain
experience and exposure with additional strategic procurement
- Build a solid understanding of the C.H. Robinson carrier
website and mobile apps; introduce and inform carriers as new tools
or features are released.
- Drive awareness and benefits of carrier payment programs.
Identify which products are best suited to each carrier based on
needs and preferences.Capacity Procurement
- Build understanding of freight market dynamics, seasonality and
supply and demand factors that influence capacity availability and
- Gain expertise with capacity analytical and internal costing
tools and utilize in guiding informed buying/negotiating decisions
that are within cost parameters and at market rates.
- Proactively post all available transactional or desired
committed capacity, using complete and accurate details, to enable
efficient matching of freight to equipment and support accurate
customer pricing and load acceptance
- Negotiate and secure both transactional and committed capacity
utilizing various methods of communication with carriers. Carrier
- Deliver a superior level of service to the carrier by
identifying or responding to issues, determining the best course of
action, and implementing solutions. Provide leadership visibility
to serious or repeated problems.
- Regularly review carrier feedback and respond accordingly,
ensuring issues are resolved or escalated when necessary to deliver
the best possible experience to the carrier.
- Enable carrier s cash flow by providing cash advances,
providing guidance or direct action to resolve payable issues,
- Work closely with internal partners on shipment updates,
problem resolution and/or operational execution.
- Enable consistent and accurate in transit load visibility.
- Inform carriers and reinforce ways an automated solution can
improve the experience or drive efficiency.
- Work with carriers to identify most efficient options for
providing automated in transit shipment visibility, either via a
C.H Robinson mobile app or other automated shipment tracking
technology solution chosen by the carrier.
- Provide shipment updates on non-automated loads regularly
throughout the day.
- Reinforce with carriers the expectation regarding on time
pick-up and delivery requirements. Identify possible root cause
issues and partner with carriers to improve results.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Site Specific: bi-lingual (Spanish & English)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Business Relationship Management: Has experience building
positive relationships with team members or stakeholders to create
mutually beneficial outcomes. Has well-developed communication
skills and demonstrated ability to tailor and deliver messages for
- Customer Service: Has experience using customer perspective to
guide decisions and actions and can demonstrate going above and
beyond to support the customer and deliver a positive
- Critical Thinking: Applies subject-matter knowledge to create
solutions. Leverages appropriate data and tools to evaluate options
and make recommendations.
- Strategic Thinking: Demonstrates experience anticipating
opportunities and challenges and utilizing knowledge to achieve a
- Problem Solving: Possesses the ability to define the problem,
determine the cause, identify and implement solutions and see
issues through to resolution within acceptable timeframes.
- Ownership: Holds themself accountable for responsibilities and
demonstrates proper follow through.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, has
demonstrated the ability to manage their time to ensure role
expectations are completed with quality and within required
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environmentQuestioning if
you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of
color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job
description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we re building a
diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they
belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply
whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few.
You may just be our next great fit!Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action EmployerC.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality
for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and
communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation,
drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We
re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from
harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed,
valued and respected.Affirmative Action
Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran BenefitsYour Health, Wealth and
SelfYour total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our
benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We
provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
- Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health
- Prescription drug coverage
- Enhanced Fertility benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
- Dental and Vision
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid and floating holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community
- Charitable Giving Match Program
- 401(k) with 6% company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and
team-building opportunitiesDig in to our full list of benefits on
OUR CULTURE page. Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world s largest logistics platforms, C.H.
Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe
and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For
100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to
seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world s
economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers,
and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter
to us, our people and technology literally move the world.As a
FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of
the World s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden
Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of
LinkedIn s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we re
not stopping there Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as
one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our
customers, communities, and world.
Associated topics: banking service, loan originator, loan servicing
officer, loan underwriter, mortgage officer, mortgage originator,
mortgage underwriter, personal banker iii, personal banker iv,
Keywords: C.H Robinson, Lee's Summit , Capacity Portfolio Representative, Other , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!