Company: Polytainers Inc.
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: November 22, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The Production Planner reports to the PC&L
Manager and has full responsibility for managing the production
schedule at the Lee's Summit facility. The incumbent will develop
and prepare daily IML and shrink sleeve schedules, and optimize all
production resources to meet customer expectations. The Production
Planner will coordinate communication and data flow between
manufacturing, supply chain management, and sales, to ensure the
ERP systems are properly aligned with desired business processes.
This position is also responsible for food safety and quality
procedures to ensure that the Company's objectives for food safety
and quality meet or exceed the customer's and regulatory agency's
requirements. This is a full-time position with a Monday - Friday
work schedule. POSITION RESPONSIBILITES: Manage the Scheduling
- Coordinate with buyers and planners on forecasting, inventory
planning, and scheduling.
- Use budget knowledge to forecast changes.
- Resolve capacity issues to ensure on time and in full
deliveries to customers.
- Train new supply chain professionals in business processes and
the ERP system.
- Generate information on scheduled and independent demand items
for use in the sales and operational planning process.
- Oversee preparation and distribution of the production
schedule. Capacity Planning and Preventative Maintenance Scheduling
- Identify, report, and recommend solutions on capacity
- Conduct overhaul and maintenance planning to forecast
- Prepare "what if" scenarios for specific products on a need-to
basis. Maintenance and Optimization of Inventory
- Continuously evaluate inventory buffers based on demand
variability, desired customer service levels and process
- Determine root cause(s) through solid problem solving
methodology to prevent recurrence of materials issues.
- Develop & maintain daily/weekly/monthly inventory reports to
ensure resources/inventory are available to meet customer demand.
Preparation of Production Plans
- Prepare long-term production plan to meet forecasted demand
create an effective plant utilization.
- Review production plan monthly and communicate changes based
- Ensure that process occurs in a timely manner that allows for
corrective action and minimizes the impact to the customer.
Continuous Improvement Work
- Complete special projects as required and needed.
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or Business Operations, or
equivalent experience as a Scheduler
- At least 5 years' work experience in manufacturing production
in a fast-paced, high-volume environment PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of injection molding and plastic printing
- Strong understanding of Computers and Software, especially ERP
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of pull inventory systems
- Understanding of lean concepts CORE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS
- Customer focus - committed to meeting the needs internal and
- Interpersonal/team skills - Builds rapport and constructive
relations with people across all levels of the organization
- Results-oriented - Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and
initiative, assuming responsibility without being asked
- Flexibility - Calm and flexible when faced with challenges and
pressure; ability to adapt in a fast-paced, ever-changing
- Critical information seeking - Probes and asks the right
questions to proactively gather information and diagnose problems;
resourceful with the ability to research strategically and
quicklyPolytainers is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer. Polytainers is committed to diversity and inclusivity in
employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of
diverse backgrounds. Polytainers is also committed to providing
accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an
accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Keywords: Polytainers Inc., Lee's Summit , Production Planner, Professions , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!