Cardiac Cath Lab Technician
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Cardiac Cath Lab Technician? At Lee's
Summit Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed
up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team
members over the course of three years.BenefitsLee's Summit Medical
Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Cardiac Cath Lab Technician like you
to be a part of our team.Job Summary and QualificationsCath lab
technicians are cardiovascular technologists who work in our
facilities and run tests on heart health. They assist with the
insertion of catheters into the heart, and are responsible for
measuring and administering special fluids. Responsibilities:
- Under the general supervision of the Cath Lab Supervisor and
the CV Services Director, the Cardiac Cath Lab Technologist, in
cooperation with the physicians and nursing personnel, assists with
diagnostic and therapeutic invasive cardiology patient procedures
in the catheterization labs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of radiographic
imaging, patient physiologic monitoring and cardiac arrhythmias
- Complies with principles of sterile technique.
- Collects and assembles data for database, outcome analysis and
- Responsible to carry out any other activities assigned by the
Cath Lab Supervisor or CV Services Director to assure the
department runs effectively and efficiently.
- The Cath Lab Tech is required to participate in the on-call
rotation and is required to respond within 30 minutes to the Cath
Lab when on call.What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited Radiology Technologist program or
Invasive Cardiovascular Technology program preferred.
- Two years of current experience in Cath lab may be substituted
for completion of Radiology Technologist program or invasive
cardiovascular technologist (CVT) program completion.
- Current BCLS certification required and maintained.
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of employment.
- Active RCIS (Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist) or
RT licensure preferred.
- If a new Invasive CVT graduate, must attain credential within 1
year of eligibility date.
- One year of experience in Cath lab, or equivalent clinical
experience as part of educational program.
- OJT with current 10 years or more of experience may be
substituted for completion of Radiology Technologist program,
Invasive Cardiovascular Technology program and RCIS (Registered
Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist).
This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).Lee's Summit Medical Center is an 80+ bed full-service
hospital. We serve Lee's Summit and surrounding areas. Our services
are supported by more than 300 physicians who represent more than
40 specialties. We have more than 500 highly trained colleagues and
60 volunteers. Our services and specialties include cardiology,
cancer care, endoscopy, emergency services, imaging, neurology,
pain management, and pulmonology. We offer physical therapy,
speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, sports medicine,
respiratory care, women's care, and an array of surgical services.
We have a dually-accredited Chest Pain and Primary Stroke Center.
Our trained staff and experienced Medical Staff are ready to treat
our community. Our hospital is affiliated with HCA Healthcare
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Cardiac Cath Lab Technician opening. Qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume
today to join our community of caring!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Lee's Summit , Cardiac Cath Lab Technician, Professions , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!