Patient Care Technician Progressive Care Unit
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description Are you passionate about the patient experience? At
HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with
purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career
as a(an) Patient Care Technician Progressive Care Unit today with
Lee's Summit Medical Center.Lee's Summit Medical Center, offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- FastTrack to Clinical Pathway- If you dream of advancing your
career in clinical care, we have an opportunity to help you earn
your associate's degree or diploma with no out-of-pocket costs. The
program also offers options to help complete your high school
diploma or improve your English language skills before starting
college.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Patient Care Technician Progressive
Care Unit. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA
Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to
charitable organizations. Apply Today!The Patient Care Technician
(PCT) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a
variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common
nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the
supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the
nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the
PCT's skills/training and the needs of the Department, and
consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a
clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT
complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the
State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
What you will do in this role:
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by
performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision
of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information
throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital
signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, intake
and output, calorie counts, and other patient information as
outlined by policy.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning,
dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers,
crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from
other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges.
Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for
diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and
timely transfer of specimen.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include
eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and
elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Serves as Monitor/Telemetry Tech for the unit as
- Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the
patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication
fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
About the Progressive Care Unit
- 18 Bed Unit
- High acuity focus including; Chest Pain, Cath Lab post
procedure, vascular surgical patients, heart failure, and any
patient on CV drip.
- As a hands-on caregiver, you are the one who has the privilege
of holding a patient's hand and listening to the person's life
- Challenging and rewarding unit with strong culture and cohesive
What qualifications you will need:
- A minimum of a High school diploma or GED required.
- One (1+) years of experience in an acute care setting,
- Missouri Certified Nursing Assistant License required or
completion of the HCA Pre-Star Tech program within 60 days of hire
- BCLS certification required upon hire unless completing the HCA
Pre-Star Tech program then BCLS required within 60 days of hire
- No experience required - Must be able to attend 3 weeks of
training (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm)This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).Lee's Summit Medical Center is an 80+ bed full-service
hospital. We serve Lee's Summit and surrounding areas. Our services
are supported by more than 300 physicians who represent more than
40 specialties. We have more than 500 highly trained colleagues and
60 volunteers. Our services and specialties include cardiology,
cancer care, endoscopy, emergency services, imaging, neurology,
pain management, and pulmonology. We offer physical therapy,
speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, sports medicine,
respiratory care, women's care, and an array of surgical services.
We have a dually-accredited Chest Pain and Primary Stroke Center.
Our trained staff and experienced Medical Staff are ready to treat
our community. Our hospital is affiliated with HCA Healthcare
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Patient Care Technician Progressive Care Unit
opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities and apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Lee's Summit , Patient Care Technician Progressive Care Unit, Professions , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!