Environmental Services Technician - Lakewood EVS (7:00am - 3:30pm)
Company: Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: January 23, 2019
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
According to established procedures, cleans and services building areas. Moves furniture, equipment, and supplies, in and around hospital departments; and performs a variety of environmental services duties to maintain the hospital in a neat, orderly, and sanitary condition in accordance with safety and infection control standards.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
* Good communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to speak and read the English language
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English.
* Ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients and visitors.
* Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50lbs on a consistent basis sometimes additional weight on an infrequent basis.
* Ability to correctly operate electric and battery powered floor care equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
* Ability to read and understand labeling directions on various cleaning chemicals in order to know contents and first aid instructions.
* Ability to past competency assessment upon completion of training and mentoring program 30 60 days of hire into the position.
* High School diploma or GED
* Experience in a health care environment
* 6 months experience in Environmental Service duties in an institution.
7:00AM - 3:30PM
Truman Medical Centers is committed to being a leader in providing culturally inclusive health care services for patients in ways that are effective, fair, respectful, and culturally competent and in providing a culturally inclusive workplace for employees. We value and celebrate our differences, which include, but are not limited to, race, ethnicity, language, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, literacy, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, mobility, abilities, and belief systems.
Keywords: Truman Medical Centers, Inc, Lee's Summit , Environmental Services Technician - Lakewood EVS (7:00am - 3:30pm), Professions , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!