Electrical Design Engineer
Company: ULTRAX Aerospace, Inc.
Location: Lees Summit
Posted on: June 2, 2019
ULTRAX Aerospace, Inc. is an industry-leading creator of
mission-critical support solutions for complex electrical systems
in military aviation. We have positioned ourselves for extensive
growth, allowing us to offer remarkable opportunities to the right
candidates. At ULTRAX, we strive to build strong relationships with
our customers and with one another by creating an atmosphere of
collaboration, innovation and dedication. We are a high-tech
design, service and manufacturing company that has a passion for
excellence and is committed to providing cutting-edge technology to
our customers across the globe. Are you ready to pioneer solutions
in a fast-paced, results-driven environment? Do you have the
vision, creativity and passion to meet challenges head-on and
immediately contribute to the success of an industry leader? If so,
this is the opportunity you have been waiting for.POSITION SUMMARY
We are currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer whose
primary responsibility is to develop, document and oversee all
hardware aspects of a product during the development cycle. Designs
include analog and digital circuit design/layout and firmware
integration. The ideal candidate will be able to comprehend high
level concepts and then develop a strategy to fulfill the project's
requirements. This strategy often involves prioritizing developing
hardware specifications, determining timelines for development and
rapidly creating functional prototypes to facilitate the
development process. A successful engineer will be able to analyze
systems and think creatively to come up with innovative solutions.
They also need to be well versed in design of both analog and
digital circuitry, having a strong knowledge of circuit card design
practices. The Electronic Design Engineer will work closely with
software engineering, product development, and the business
development teams to design a product that meets the high quality
standards of ULTRAX Aerospace and our customers. DUTIES AND
- Design systems that balance resources, constraints,
requirements, and complexity by analyzing all possible options for
designing and selecting the best solution.
- Identify and implement appropriate design, development and
testing methodologies, best practices, documentation and tools to
verify the functionality and performance of the selected
- Create design documentation to include schematics, theory of
operation, test plans, and use case examples.
- Perform troubleshooting and fault analysis.
- With the aid of software engineering, develop and document
calibration and self-test routines to ensure designed product meets
its performance requirements.
- Perform failure analysis on designs identify all defects,
including intermittent failures that might affect the quality or
integrity of the product; communicate the findings to the
engineering manager (including investigative analysis).
- Develop validation/verification test plans for product
- Effectively communicate with multiple departments including
Manufacturing and Customer Service.
- Lead Design Reviews.
- Work with software engineering to design both the hardware and
- Participate in product planning activities including feature
analysis and design trade-offs.
- Provide project analysis and development timelines to
engineering management. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science or above in Electrical Engineering from a
four-year college or university, or equivalent education and
- 2+ years of experience as an electrical analog/digital design
engineer; demonstrated success in development, including
responsibility for analysis, design, implementation and product
- Experience designing real-time embedded control systems that
include 8 bit and 32-bit CPUs and peripherals, communications
devices, and LCD displays.
- Familiar with tolerance analysis, simulation and statistical
methods to improve robustness and quality of electronic
- Experience with signal conditioning, ADCs, DACs, operational
amplifiers, and power/thermal analysis.
- Experience with manufacturing process related to electronic
- Relevant experience in development of test methodology.
- Experience with CAD tools for schematics capture, PCB layout,
and hardware design.
- Experience with Altium Designer a plus.
- Avionics hardware or test equipment development a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and
- Other duties as assigned. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Stand or sit
for extended periods Use hands and fingers to manipulate, handle,
and feel components Read or hear and comprehend oral and written
instructions Frequently required to reach with hands and arms The
employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 15 pounds WORK
ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Well-lit, climate-controlled
office and manufacturing facility Company provided tools and
equipment A culture of continuous improvement and employee
empowerment. BENEFITS We offer an extensive benefit package which
includes: Competitive salary Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO
Health, Dental, Vision and Voluntary Life insurance options Company
paid STD/LTD/Life 401(k) with company match HOURS: M-F / Flexible
based on core hours of operation ULTRAX Aerospace, Inc. is an equal
opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered
without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin,
ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or veteran
Keywords: ULTRAX Aerospace, Inc., Lee's Summit , Electrical Design Engineer, Professions , Lees Summit, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!